Basic Rental Beam System
|Quick Links:||Rental Beam Home||Quick Start||FAQ||What's New||Using the Web Site||Categories:||Rental Beam||Add-Ons||Website||Statistics||Notices||Web Displays|
There are three components to the Basic Rental Beam system. They are as follows:
- The Rental Beam Kiosk
- The Rental Beam web site
- Plugin Scripts for hippoRENT and CasperLet systems
This page introduces you to the Rental Beam Kiosk and shows you how to log in to the Rental Beam web site. Links below take you to information about the Rental Beam Plugin Scripts and how to use them with your Rental Management System.
- 1 The Very First Thing
- 2 Rez the Rental Beam Kiosk
- 3 Log in to the Rental Beam Website
- 4 Fill Out Your Personal Profile
- 5 Connecting Rental Beam to your Rental Management System
- 6 Other Important Pages on the Rental Beam Web Site
- 7 What's New in Rental Beam
The Very First Thing
When you receive your Basic Rental Beam system, it may come in a Delivery Box. Rez the box on your land somewhere then click to Open it. Use the "Copy to Inventory" button in the dialog to create a new Product Folder.
Rez the Rental Beam Kiosk
The very first time you rez the Rental Beam Kiosk, it will ask you to enter a Password.
We recommend you start with a simple password until you have properly logged into the Rental Beam web site. You may then use the Rental Beam Kiosk to change your password to something more secure.
Log in to the Rental Beam Website
Your next step is to log in to the web site. After setting your password for the first time, click the link to open your Personal Profile. You will be prompted to enter your User Name and the Password you just entered.
Fill Out Your Personal Profile
Your Personal Profile on the Rental Beam web site contains many important options you should check and set before using Rental Beam, the most important of which is your Email Address.
Our Policy on Privacy
Option Settings on the Personal Profile Page
Complete details on the profile options available can be found at the Personal Profile page.
Connecting Rental Beam to your Rental Management System
You have now finished setting up your Rental Beam User Account. You are ready to connect Rental Beam with your existing hippoRENT or CasperLet Rental Management System.
Adding Rental Beam to your hippoRENT Rental Boxes
Rental Beam connects to your hippoRENT system one Rental Box at a time. This means you must add the Rental Beam Plugin Script to each and every hippoRENT Rental Box you have rezzed. Full details on this process are found at Adding Rental Beam to your hippoRENT Rental Boxes.
Adding Rental Beam to your CasperLet Rental Devices
Rental Beam connects to your CasperLet Elite system one Rental Device (Box, Meter or Mesh Meter) at a time. This means you must add the Rental Beam Plugin Script to each and every CasperLet Elite Rental Device you have rezzed. Full details on this process are found at Adding Rental Beam to your CasperLet Rental Devices
Easy How-To in Pictures
Sometimes seeing is easier than reading. So we've provided these ...
|CasperLet Easy How-To||hippoRENT Easy How-To|
(click an image to see a full-size version)
Other Important Pages on the Rental Beam Web Site
There are a few other pages that are important to visit. They are as follows:
- Rental Beam Home Page - Displays basic information about your Rental Beam Account. This page also helps you build HTML code that you can insert into pages on your own web site.
- Account Details - Displays basic Rental Information and Staff Password settings.
- List All Rentals - Displays every Rental known to Rental Beam including the Hovermap, Rental Status, Location, Price, Land Impact Allowance, Land Group Name and Management System.
- Manage Rentals - Displays every Rental and allows editing the Custom Image, Additional Notes, Rental Status, Land Group, and Highlight. Rentals may also be Deleted using this page.
- Land Groups - Create, edit and delete the Land Groups that Rental Beam uses to help display Rental Listings.
- Exceptions / Errors - Review any Exceptions or Errors detected by Rental Beam. Mass deletion of Rentals is also available using this page.
The Rental Beam web site is described in detail at The Rental Beam Web Site.
|Home Page and HTML Generator||Account Details||List All Rentals|
|Manage Rentals||Land Groups||Exceptions / Errors|
What's New in Rental Beam
We are constantly updating both the Rental Beam Web Site and our Products. Look to What's New In Rental Beam for all the latest information about the newest improvements to Rental Beam.